Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Sloppy Joes With A Twist

Thanks to my friend, Jill, this is my new favorite Sloppy Joe recipe. It totally has a great twist to it.

Ingredients:
Splash of extra virgin olive oil
1 large yellow onion, diced
1.5 pounds of ground beef or turkey
Kosher Salt, just a little bit
Pepper to taste
2 cups of ketchup
1/4 cup of yellow mustard
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper - who would have thought?
1 tbs brown sugar
2 tbs tomato paste
1 tbs red wine vinegar - another surprise

Directions: THIS IS SO EASY
1. Add the oil to the pan and saute the onion
2. Add meat, salt, and pepper. Fully cook.
3. Add ketchup, mustard, cayenne pepper, sugar, and tomato paste. Stir well.
4. Add red wine vinegar at the end and stir.
5. Place on your hamburger bun. I like to add mayo and a slice of cheese to mine :)

Notes:
The onion isn't overly powering so I like it that way the recipe calls for it to be made. Also, the 1 tsp. of cayenne adds such a good kick. It's not too spicy at all. If you're like my husband and you love spicy food, kick it up a notch.

I hope you like these as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment