Saturday, April 25, 2009

Poppy Seed Chicken - YUM YUM YUM

This is the perfect dish to cook when company is coming over or you just want to feel nice and warm on the inside. It's Yummy!! Serve with rice and a green vegetable for a perfect dinner.
Ingredients:

1.5 - 2 pounds of uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in cubes
16 ounces Low Fat sour cream
2 cans of cream of mushroom soup OR cream of chicken, your choice
2 tablespoons of poppy seeds. I don't measure. I just throw a bunch in :)
1 can of mushrooms, any size & optional
1 sleeve of low fat ritz crackers crushed
2 tablespoons of melted butter

Directions:

1. Cut chicken into cubes if not done so already & place in a large mixing bowl
2. Mix together the chicken, sour cream, cream of mushroom, can of mushrooms & poppy seeds
3. Put in a greased (spray with Pam) 13 by 9 baking pan
4. Add crushed Ritz Crackers on top
5. Pour melted butter on top of crackers
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until Chicken is cooked

***This recipe is so divine and very easy to make. I substituted Low fat sour cream instead of using the full fat kind. I also used low fat ritz crackers instead of regular ones and I bought the healthy request cream of chicken soup. Finally, I only used 1-2 tablespoons of butter, instead of a whole stick that another recipe calls. That sure is a lot of butter - I may be from the south but  I'm no Paula Deen :)

2 comments:

  1. sounds good! keep 'em comin'! i'm always looking for a good new recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love new recipes! I am going to update this blog with all the ones I make throughout the week :) Then I can print them off one day to make a recipe book!

    ReplyDelete