Sunday, May 24, 2009

Homeade BBQ Chicken Pizza


Nothing bothers me more than wasted food...okay, maybe some things :) For example, I really don't like grilling 4 pieces of chicken, only eating 2, & then forgetting about the other 2. A couple of nights ago, Todd & I grilled chicken & I needed something to make with the other 2. BBQ CHICKEN PIZZA!!

Ingredients:
  • Pizza dough. You can buy this all ready to go in the refrigerated section of your grocery store, usually where the cheeses are. I bought the 3 mini pizza pack but you can buy 1 large pizza if you'd like
  • 1 green pepper, sliced thin
  • 1 red pepper, sliced thin
  • 1/2 of a red onion, sliced thin
  • BBQ sauce, pick your favorite
  • Pizza shredded cheese pack, use 1 cup or more if you'd like
  • boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into cubes. I used 2.5 breasts for 3 mini pizzas
Directions:
  1. Cook Chicken in the oven or grill it. Let cool. 
  2. While the chicken is cooling, spread the BBQ sauce over the pizza crust(s) until the crust has a layer of sauce
  3. Add chopped chicken
  4. Add the thin slices of peppers and onion
  5. Bake at the temperature and time that is on the back of the pizza crust package
  6. Take out of oven and cover with shredded cheese
  7. Continue baking until cheese is melted
Notes:
This turned out amazing!!! I just loved it! I used Sticky Fingers' BBQ sauce (Carolina Sweet flavor) and low fat shredded cheese



3 comments:

  1. I am loving these recipes for homemade pizza and your is going on my list!! Sounds and looks so yummy girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED BBQ Pizza when I was pregnant with our youngest son. Can't wait to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we love BBQ chicken pizza -- this one looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete