Saturday, May 30, 2009

Mexican Chicken

I totally took this recipe off of http://www.kellyskornerrecipes.blogspot.com
It just looked so yummy so I wanted to try it. I LOVED it so I had to share.

Ingredients:
  • 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked & cut into pieces
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 can of rotel
  • shredded cheddar cheese - I totally use the whole bag
  • 1 package of small corn tortillas
  • Doritos, I use the salsa flavor but you can use any flavor you want
Directions:
  • Bake chicken at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until cooked. Cool and cut into bit size pieces
  • Meanwhile, mix together the cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, and rotel
  • Line a 10 by 13 pan with the corn tortillas (just rip the tortillas into pieces) and crushed doritos (I used about 1/4 of the bag)
  • Place the bit sized chicken on top of the tortillas & doritos
  • Cover with the soup and rotel mixture
  • Cover with shredded cheddar cheese
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes
  • Take out of oven and cover with more crushed doritos
Notes:
  • I used the low fat soups and low fat shredded cheese and it turned out great
  • You can eliminate the doritos but we really liked it with them. It adds an extra crunch & yummy flavor
  • You can always add onions, peppers, or anything of that nature to the soup/rotel mixture for extra flavor
  • Serve with refried beans & Mexican rice
YUMO :) and EASY!

No comments:

Post a Comment